Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Slide


I had a moment at the park the other day.  It was one of those moments when you realize that your kid isn't going to need you forever.  
Addison was off playing in the snow (or what is left of the snow) and I was chatting with some friends.  The next thing I know, I look over and there is my little baby going down the slide ALL BY HERSELF!!!  I had to hurry and grab my camera because Addison is literally growing up before my eyes! I like the sense of independence that she has, but come on!  This is too much!!!  

9 comments:

Beth said...

They do grow up in a blink of an eye! So cute!

Gwyl said...

Sliding by herself, next she will be driving by herself. I sure enjoy her little giggle.

Kaylee said...

Next comes boys!! lol...it goes by way too fast! Hey what are you going to Kansas for?

Rachael said...

They do grow up so fast! Boys, cell phones, and make-up are right around the corner!

Ashley said...

Big girl! Way to go Addison!

Nick and Jen said...

I remember that moment with Layla...why does it go by so fast. Makes you really feel like you can't take any moment with your child for granted!

Deon said...

Wow. Babyhood seems to be pretty much left behind at the top of that slide. And now you'll have to agree that the cliche'is so true: THEY GROW UP SO FAST!!!!

Holly said...

Did she ask if she could drive home when she got to the bottom of the slide? Don't you with there was a pause button so you can absorb the reality of how fast time slips by? Wow! She's not a baby any more.

Chad and Stacey said...

What a big girl! I can't believe she's already old enough to be doing that all by herself!!