I stole this from Chelsea's blog. Thanks Chelsea!!!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Thanks Sarah and Kaylee for the tag!
6 NAMES YOU GO BY:
- Jen Jen
- Jenner B.
- Mom! Mom! Mom!
3 THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
- My wedding ring
2 THINGS YOU WANT VERY BADLY AT THE MOMENT:
- Our own home
- Randy home (He's been gone for 3 weeks now)
3 PEOPLE WHO WILL FILL THIS OUT:
- Lisa G.
3 OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS YOU DID LAST NIGHT:
- Read to Addison
- Bathed Addison (I know that lots of people loath bathing their kids, but I love playing with Addi while she is in the water.)
- Updating my Blog
4 THINGS YOU ATE TODAY:
- Nothing (It's still early!)
2 PEOPLE YOU LAST TALKED TO ON THE PHONE:
- Abby (Does texting count?)
6 THINGS YOU ARE GOING TO DO TOMORROW:
- Finish laundry (I assume)
- Take a shower
- Bathe Addi
- Call my dad
- Hug Randy for about 6 hours
3 FAVORITE BEVERAGES:
- Ice cold Coca-Cola
5 THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR TODAY:
- My Savior
- My best friend, Randy
- My sweet littl girl
- Good friends
- A warm place to live
*I tag: Jenni, Lisa G., Ivy
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
My friend and I got our kids and went on a day trip to Salt Lake and Park City. Shopping, food and the Discovery Gateway Museum, what could be more fun?
Initially, I was skeptical that the $8.50 for a child (a one year old child) was pretty steep (and it is), but I think I got my monies worth within the first 5 minutes. Addison had a blast at the beehive. It is a metal sculpture with lots of tubes for the kiddies to drop balls into. They can watch the balls get sucked up the tubes or they can listen to the bells that chime when they drop balls into certain slots. Addison loved this part of the museum. She didn't want to leave the balls!
My little musician! Look at how good she plays the marimba!
Don't worry folks, the police are here to keep the chaos to a minimum!
Addison the Cowgirl! She did NOT want to get off this horse!
They have this old lifeflight helicopter for the kids to play in. You push a button and it sounds just like a real helicopter about to take off! It was really fun! I even enjoyed it, but I won't bore you with the picture of me in there!
Needless to say, both mother and daughter are excited to go back and play at the Gateway! Thanks Abby and Wyatt for coming with us!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I got this email and I couldn't stop laughing, so I thought I would post it for everyone to enjoy!
You are on the bus when you suddenly realize...you need to fart.
They music is really loud, so you time your farts with the beat. After a couple of songs, you start to feel better as you approach your stop. As you are leaving the bus, people are really staring you down and that's when you remember, you've been listening to your iPod!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Grandma and Papa came this last weekend to visit us, since Randy is out of town for work. Can you see how much this little girl loves her Grandma and Papa? She just lit up when they walked in the door. Addison was supposed to be sleeping, but Grandma and Papa much more fun than sleeping...can't you tell?
On a side note: We all thought that Addison would pitch a fit when it was time for Grandma and Papa to leave. Addison WAS upset when they left, but not because they left, but because she had to come back inside the house! This little girl makes me laugh every single day!
What a great blessing she is in my life! I love you, baby girl!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We went and had Addison's pictures taken before Christmas and just barely got them back and scanned in, sorry for the delay. (I know you were all waiting on pins and needles for these!) Addison, of course, was not having any of it. I am surprised that we got as many sittings as we did!
I think this picture makes her look like such a big girl! She is not a baby anymore, folks!
I think this picture is my favorite! I love the little tears in her eyes!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Today, I took Addison to the doctors for her 18 month checkup. Poor kid had to be woken from her nap early, so she wasn't a happy camper to begin with, but when the nurse and the doctor would even look at or talk to her, she would just cry and cry. I think it made the nurse feel bad because she asked me if she cried with the doctor as well or if it was just her.
I asked the doctor what I needed to do to get Addison to eat more solids. (At the time we went to the doctors office at 2:00 PM, the only solids Addison had ingested so far was the 3 pretzels she had eaten while in the waiting room.) He said that I needed to cut back on her milk by 50% and cut out water completely. (He said to cut out the water completely because water is an empty filler and right now, she doesn't need empty fillers like you and I do.) He also said that I needed to put food in front of her every 2-3 hours and after about 48-72 hours, she will start ingesting more solids. He told me that she is gaining an aversion to solids and that eventually this can cause an eating problem (not that it isn't already). If we don't correct this problem now, she will eventually need to see an eating specialist. Also, she needs to cut back on the milk, especially in the bottle, because it will start rotting her teeth. Good times!
Weight = 20.11 pounds (7th percentile)
Height = 32 inches (70th percentile)
I'm assuming someone didn't measure Addison right at her 15 month checkup, because I'm pretty sure she didn't shrink!
P.S. We are already having blow out diapers from the immunization shot! Good, good times!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Since I am now officially part of the over 30 crowd (Happy Birthday to Me!), I thought I would post an email that I recently received.
Now that I am at the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a dang Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today don't know how good you've got it!
1. When I was a kid, we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the dang library and look it up ourselves...in the card catalog! (Do you even know what a card catalog is? Didn't think so!)
2. There was no email!!! We had to actually write someone a letter...with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!
3. There were no MP3's or Napster! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the dang record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape if off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and mess it all up!
4. We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!
5. And we didn't have fancy Caller ID boxes either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
6. We didn't have any fancy Sony PlayStation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like "Space Invaders" and "Asteroids" and the graphics were just horrible! Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
7. When you went to the movie theater, there was no such thing as stadium seating! All the seats were the same height! If a tall guy or some old broad with a hat sat in front of you and you couldn't see, you were just screwed!
8. Sure, we had cable television, but back then that was only like 15 channels and there was no onscreen menu! You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! And there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday morning. Do you hear what I am saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons!
9. And we didn't have microwaves. If you wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove or go build a fire. Imagine that! If we wanted popcorn, we had to use that stupid Jiffy Pop thing or a pan with HOT oil and real popcorn kernels and shake it all over the stove forever like an idiot.
10. When we were on the phone with our friends and our parents walked in, we were stuck to the wall with a cord, a 7 foot cord that ran to the phone - not the phone base, the actual phone. We barely had enough length to sit on the floor and still be able to twirl the phone cord in our fingers. If you suddenly had to go to the bathroom - guess what we had to do... hang up and talk to them later.
That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled!!!
You kids wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1979!
The Over 30 Crowd
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I was tagged by a friend of mine (thanks Kaylee) and I have never done one of these before, so please be gentle!
Here are ten things (in no particular order) that I am grateful for!
1. My Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my light, my beacon. I am grateful for his atoning sacrifice.
2. The Temple. I am so grateful that my family and I get to be together forever!
3. Randy. This should go without saying. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband, who cares so much for me.
4. Addison. What a little delight. I am so grateful that I get to spend all of my days (and most of my nights) with this little princess. I don't think that anything or anyone else on this earth could make me smile as much as she does, and I am grateful for that!
5. Family. I have already said that I am grateful for Randy and Addison, but I am also so grateful for my extended family as well. They are such a support to me.
6. Friends. I am grateful that I have such good friends around me to support and motivate me to be a better person. Thank you to all of you!
7. My house. I am so grateful, especially in these economic times to have a house to live in. It may not be my own house or my dream house, but I am still grateful for a place to call my own and to lay my head every night.
8. Sleep. I am so grateful for sleep. We have been having so little of it at our house lately, that sleep is something that I have taken for granted.
9. iChat. I am so grateful for iChat. I love that I can talk with my parents and see their faces. I especially love that Addison can talk to her grandparents and she knows who they are. (On a side note, Addison was iChatting with her Papa tonight and she kept holding her hands out for Papa. She still doesn't understand that she can't touch him, but it is so fun to watch her interact and talk to him.)
10. Bargains. (Kaylee, I stole this one from you!) I am grateful for the bargains that I find and that I can help my family save money. I know this one sounds cheesy, but I am grateful when I can contribute to my family's bottom line.
I have so much that I am grateful for, but now it is time for someone else to share. I tag Lisa, Jennifer, Jenni and Rachael.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Confession: I stole these pictures from my mom's blog. Thanks Mom!
Addison went shopping with us at Wal-Mart one day and she was not happy! So while Papa was checking out, we went over to the game arcade and played on the toys. I really think that Addi was fine with the shopping, I think she just really wanted to get her Dad in the mood to go to Disneyland. (Oh honey, by the way, we're going to Disneyland!) Addison loved riding in this little car. She cried and cried and pitched a fit when it was time to leave. Had I been allowed to sit in the little car, I probably would have cried too when it was time to go!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
...she's a big kid!
I made the mistake of commenting to a friend of mine that Addison has yet to climb out of her crib! So what did she do that very night? Yep, you're right! She climbed (or fell) out of her crib. After doing this for a couple of nights, and falling on her head, Randy and I decided it was time for Addison to go to a big kid bed. She loves it! She can't stop playing and jumping on her bed. We have never seen her so excited to play in her room!
But don't worry, she is not too big of a kid! She still needs her daddy!
Addison got some baby accessories for Christmas and she loves them! She loves to push any and everything around, so she is probably thinking "Finally...something with wheels!"
Addison has had to try out all of her babies toys. They are just her size, why shouldn't they be able to hold her?
This is Addison in the baby's jungle gym. Can you tell from the picture above that she was frustrated when she couldn't get out of it? (Again, I cannot figure out how to get these pictures in order!)
I laughed and laughed so hard when I walked into Addison's playroom and found her in this! Again, it's just her size! Pretty sad when an 18 month old baby can play in her dolls toys and not break them! This girl has got to start eating something!!!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Happy Anniversary Randy!!!
Our marriage has been four of the most fantastic years of my life. You are still my best friend, love of my life, confidant and so much more! I love that you take care of me when I am feeling down. I love that you eat the food I cook for you, even if you don't like it. You eat it and tell me how great it is. You are the BEST father in the whole universe (Sorry Dad)! You are a wonderful provider. We have everything that we need and more and it is all because of you! You don't give yourself enough credit, and I probably don't tell you enough, but I love you and would be so completely lost without you!
I am looking forward to another 60 years with you!!!
I love you, Randy!
I am asking for help. Anyone with any good advice, please feel free to comment!
Addison is the pickiest eater. I always thought that parents made their kids picky, but Addison has taught me that is not true! I try and try to get Addi to eat any and everything to no avail. Addison will eat chicken nuggets (preferably Wal-Mart popcorn chicken), macaroni & cheese, string cheese, manderin oranges and of course, junk food. Today, I learned that Addison will eat food of the McDonald play place floor (YUCK)! Not once, not twice, but three times I caught Addi eating croutons off the floor of the play place. She wouldn't eat the food that I bought for her, but she will eat stale, old food off of the floor!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I just had to post this picture of Addison wearing these reindeer ears. We were shopping for wrapping paper and tape at the dollar store and came across these ears. Addison loved wearing them and hearing the little bells jingle. She had to wear them the entire time we were in the store.