Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This afternoon, my mom and dad came over to bring us some bananas. Why? You ask yourself did my parents need to bring us bananas? Because Addison was throwing a fit for them and she ate our last banana last night at 11:30 PM. Again, you may be asking yourself "Why did they have to bring you bananas? Why didn't you just go get them yourself? Why? Why? Why?"

Answer: Because Addison is on day five (5) of a fever.

The cause of the fever is unknown. I took Addison to the doctor on Tuesday and the doctor told me that he didn't know why she had a fever. (Gotta love those doctors!)
He said that it could be because
(a) she has a bladder infection - I have changed some REALLY wet diapers, so I am thinking that it is not a bladder infection.
(b) she is having appendicitis - no vomiting, so probably not that either.
(c) she has roseola/sixth disease - we are on day 5 of a fever and no rash yet, so I'm assuming it is not that either.
or (d) she has swine flu and there is nothing they can do for her until she has had at least seven (7) days of fever.

So, we are back to the bananas. Addison was throwing a fit for them and I try and be the responsible parent who doesn't take her child out in public when she knows that her child is sick. (Doesn't it tick you off when parents take their kid to...let's say McDonald's and let their said kid slobber and sniffle their little boogers and germs/cooties all over the play apparatus when they know that their said child is sick?)

Anywho, my parents showed up on my door with bananas for Addison and some ingredients to make the easiest cookies...EVER! My mom and I pulled the following recipe off of my Aunt Deon's blog.
They were so yummy that I hope she doesn't mind me sharing! (wink, wink)

THE EASIEST(!!!) COOKIES IN THE GALAXY

aka

Pumpkin Cookies


1 box of spice cake mix

1 15 oz. can of pureed pumpkin

1 cup mini chocolate chips or raisins (or a mix)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, mix the dry cake mix with the pumpkin puree. Add the chocolate chips and/or raisins. Drop mounded tablespoons (or larger) of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of cookie. The cookies will not spread.





8 comments:

chelsea mckell said...

My VT just brought these to me, but she said she used carrot cake mix.
SO YUMMY!

That's horrible about Addi! Poor kiddo. Hope she gets well soon! Let's hope those bananas have magic healing power :)

wendy said...

I hate it when my kids fever, its the worst. I feel so bad.. Those cookies look delicious and your blog looks so cute! Post when addie's fever breaks so we can all cheer for you.

Sara said...

The cookies sound so good. I love pumpkin flavor anything. Thanks for the recipe!
I hope Addison starts feeling better soon, and that you don't get sick either!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm sorry Addi's still sick. I hope she feels better soon.

I'll have to try those cookies some time. Maybe after I've recovered from the holidays. ;)

katers said...

Oh, I hope she gets better soon! Hang in there.

Deon said...

You made the cookies! Yay!!! It's a pretty complicated recipe, but I'm glad to see that you guys were able to manage ;)

Give Addi a ginormous hug from me, k? I hope she gets better soon--for her sake as well as for yours (and your sanity).

Chad and Stacey said...

I've made these cookies before and they are delicious! Not to mention so easy that yes even I could make them.
I can't believe Addi is so sick. I hope it's nothing serious and that she will perk up soon. The poor girl has had some rough bouts already in life! Let me know if you need anything!

Beth said...

These cookies were so good! And yes, they were that easy!

Lots of kisses for Addi, from Grandma! Call me any time you need bananas little one, I'll send Papa out in the cold to get them for you! LOL!