I have not been in much of a blogging mood lately. I see and hear other mothers that have all their "stuff' together and I do not feel like I am one of them. It takes us a long time to get ready for the day and most days, I can not get Addison motivated enough to even leave the house. I don't have much motivation either, but I'm trying. In almost 6 weeks, I have only put makeup on my face once! ONCE! I don't know how people with more than one child do anything! This is hard! (At least it is hard for me!)
Cute little Paige getting her first bath. She loves her baths. It is so fun to watch her little face go from serious to content once she gets in the water. She is such a fun little girl.
Paige was trying to watch what Addison was doing. (Addison is sitting on the counter on the other side of the sink.)
I love that Paige always has her hands on her face when she is sleeping. In the course of me taking these pictures, Paige's hands moved all over her face at least 6 times. Even when I swaddle her up at night and make sure her hands are down to her sides so they are warm, she somehow wiggles them out of the blanket and they end up on her face! She is a mini Houdini!
While I was in my bedroom nursing Paige, Addison was in our living room watching TV. After I got done with Paige, I went out to check on Addison and this is what I found. Note to self: Never leave a three year old unattended with stickers!
- Paige is doing what I assume all 6 week old babies are doing. Sleeping. She still sleeps most of the time. She has her moments of alertness, but for the most part, she likes to sleep.
- She does these little smiles. Some would say that they are because of gas, but trust me, she does NOT smile when she has gas!
- Paige does not like it when Addison gets in her face. Paige knows when Addison is coming towards her because Addison makes this mean "grrr" sound and then won't get out of her face. I don't blame Paige for not liking it. I wouldn't either!
- Tummy time is a hit or miss kind of thing. Some days Paige doesn't mind it, in fact, on those days she will just fall asleep on her tummy. Other days, she just lays her head down and cries and cries until someone picks her up.
- Speaking of picking her up, Paige wants to be held all the time. This would be great if I could devote all of my time just to her, but I just can't!
- Addison is over having a new baby at our house. She is starting to get really jealous and wants to be held by whomever is holding Paige. I am trying to spend one on one time with Addison, but whenever I have a chance to be alone with her, she doesn't want me. Only when I can't be alone with her does she want me. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do about this, I am willing to listen!